Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 4 - down 3.2 lbs.

I overate at lunch a little yesterday -- the old "clean your plate" ethic is alive and well. I felt quite full. "Overeating" seems to have been redefined, though -- it wasn't all that much food. For supper, all I could manage was some grapes, one small slice of bread, and some carrots. A little later, I was just slightly hungry, and had about 6 tiny crackers with some cheese.

Kathy Sierra had some interesting things to say a few days ago about Shangri-La, and the discussion that followed was good. In part:
For me, in two weeks, it's been working too well. I don't have a weight problem, so I wasn't interested in losing weight. I wanted to try it because it's fascinating, seems impossible to believe, and MAINLY for the claim that by reducing cravings, it helps you make better eating choices. My goal on this "diet" was that when it was time to eat, I wanted to find carrots and broccoli as viable an option as Ben and Jerry's. That hasn't completely happened (although cravings have virtually disappeared), but within three days, I was actually forgetting to eat.
tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home