Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 5: 195, down 3.4 lbs.

I think I picked the wrong week to start this. I have a moderately bad cold (what's the expression -- "feed a cold"?), and on Saturday I'm running a road race. It's a marathon relay, and I'm running from mile 20 to the finish; about 10km. I will NOT be following the protocol that morning.

Jeremy Ballenger followed up the post I mentioned yesterday with another good one: The emotional side of Shangri-la.

Despite the vigour with which people are launching into self-experimentation trials, I have found one reference to the emotional side of weight loss, a subject I think glaringly absent from the book. I'm quite interested in this, as I believe approaches such as those proposed by Shangri-La ignore the causes of weight "issues".
He's right, of course, but I don't expect those issues to be exposed here any time soon. After all, I haven't lost much weight yet, and I was a Norwegian bachelor non-farmer* for a long time.

I join Jeremy in lauding Stephen M (Ethesis), who, aside from his own blogging on this subject, is very active in leaving helpful comments in numerous other forums and blogs.

*For those of you not familiar with A Prairie Home Companion, that means I'm prone to be taciturn.

tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

Thank you for very kind comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home