Saturday, July 14, 2007

One year off of SLD

It's been a year since I stopped following the Shangri-La Diet. Have I gained weight? Yes, a little. My seven-day moving average is about three pounds higher now than it was then.

In the last year, I've been lighter when I've been running every day, or nearly every day, and about this weight when I haven't. For example, through the 17th of March, I ran 55 days in a row. On the March 20 I hit my low for the year, 175.2 lbs. Since then, my running has been much less consistent, and I've gained weight.

Though I remain skeptical about SLD for me (though not for many others; see the SLD forums for plenty of evidence), I'd have no qualms about trying it again.

Who knows, this may be my last post. Thanks for reading.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger rockyrook said...

I know the SLD works for me. I also hear ya when you don't run, you put on the pounds.

I've been off the SLD for a while now and was shocked to see my weight this morning on the scale. I've been trying to get on SLD again for a while now, but have been unsuccessful. Seeing my weight up there again has done the trick ... I'm really committed this time to sticking to SLD to help me manage the eating portion of my weight-loss.

Good luck with your running!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck indeed!

Stephen M (Ethesis)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

Thought I should comment that my mother had a similar experience. SLD produced a permanent shift in her weight and when she quit, after plateauing close to her ideal weight she then lost a few more pounds.

Especially if you have baseline exercise that modifies things (and I'm convinced my body runs differently if I get five to ten hours of exercise a week than when I don't), all sorts of things seem possible.

Wish you well again.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Enneagram Zoom said...

Hey great post. Interesting perspective. I have always found that keeping track of my calories works best for me when I am on a diet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home