Thursday, February 01, 2007

New month, new low

Well, a recent low, anyway. Both my spot weight (178.8 lbs.) and my seven-day average (180.1) are lower than they've been since December.

I'll post a review of the Life Fitness T3-5 treadmill in the next week or so. It helped me achieve my highest January mileage (117 km) since I've been keeping track. My current streak is 11 straight days. There are runners that go for years without missing a day. I don't hope to match that, but I do intend to miss as few days as possible. My best stretch last year was 40 out of 41 days -- two 20-day streaks, with one travel day in the middle. Had I had a treadmill then, I'd have run that one day too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger J Weighty said...

As of now, I'm running 30 minutes a day. Once I get used to every-day running, I'll probably do one or two longer runs each week. My daily run might get longer, too, but unless I get really serious about racing, I don't see it getting longer than 45 minutes.

My pace is 7.1 mph, or 8:27/mile. Normally I keep track in metric terms, but I haven't yet bothered to figure out how to do that on the new treadmill. It works out to about 5:15/km. That means about 3.54 miles or 5.7 km in 30 minutes.

So far I've been wearing the heart monitor chest strap, and I let the treadmill adjust the incline to keep my heart rate at 160.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger J Weighty said...

I find that a 30-minute run, under 6K, is less daunting than is a 10K or even 8K. For me it's easier mentally to run the same weekly mileage in 7 short runs than to do it in 4 or 5 longer ones. Physically, it seems a little harder, at least at first. Last summer when I was running nearly every day, eventually my body got used to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home