Thursday, May 11, 2006

Day 6 - down 2.4 lbs.

This is the first day I've gained weight. It's just a pound, though, and about all the exercise I got yesterday was coughing. I really hope this cold gets much better by Saturday's road race.

One of the things I hope to accomplish by losing weight is to improve my running. All of this extra weight slows me down, and is hard on my joints. Whenever I start back up running after a little time off, or even just bump up my mileage, it takes a while before my knees feel OK.

My peak running volume was three years ago, when I was preparing for a half marathon. I hit 60 km one week, which for a lot of runners isn't all that much. This year, I've only topped 30 km twice. I'd like to eventually run a marathon, and my current mileage is just not going to get me there.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home