Friday, May 12, 2006

Day 7: down 3.6

Yesterday could have been a bit rough. I was about 40 minutes into my morning mini-fast when I realized I had better take some cough medicine before I drove myself and my fellow cubicle-dwellers crazy. There's one thing cough syrup isn't, and that's tasteless. Shortly after that, I had an appointment, which brought me all the way to lunch time. By then, I was too hungry to wait another hour to eat, so I decided to just skip my first ELOO. I was in a hurry, so I went through the dreaded McDonald's drive-through.

I got the Asian salad. It's actually quite good, and even with the salad dressing, it's only 380 calories. It should also qualify as an unusual taste, which I believe the Shangri-La book says we should often get. Keep in mind, I still haven't read it, though my copy is on its way.

The rest of the day went about as expected. I made a familiar pasta dish for supper, which normally drives me to eat rather too much. It was easy to restrain myself to a modest amount. I'm still wondering if the diet is doing that, or if I'm just more conscious of my true hunger and the volume of food I'm eating.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home