Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Day 54: down 11.8 lbs.

I mentioned body fat percentage yesterday. Here's a chart of my weight & body fat since I started SLD. It's hard to read, so click on it for a better view. The right y-axis is weight in pounds. (Anybody know how to add a secondary y title in OpenOffice?)



I don't know what kind of accuracy this scale claims, but I know this type of body fat measurement isn't really all that accurate.

The scale seems to be sensitive to hydration. If I've had a lot to drink, it's more likely to show a lower body fat percentage. My normal weigh-in is in the morning, before I've had anything to eat or drink, so it generally shows a higher percentage then than it does at any other time of day. The really curious numbers are from about a month ago, when over a three-day stretch my scale showed the weight dropping off like crazy at the same time the body fat was piling up.

I don't put a lot of stock in these numbers, other than the general trend.


tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home