Sunday, May 14, 2006

Day 9: down 3.6

Whew! Yesterday was a long day. My cough kept me up most of the night, and I had to get to the start of the marathon early. My leg of the relay was last, so I didn't have to run until nearly 10:00, but there was no way I was going to try for a 2-hour Shangri-La window before running. Besides, I didn't want to have to explain to the other runners why I was drinking olive oil.

The run went fairly well, considering my lingering cold and lack of sleep. We all went out to a restaurant afterwards, and I chose some of the slightly-less-unhealthy items on the menu. The afternoon was dedicated to relaxing with my kids, and I missed another ELOO dose. Finally after the kids were in bed, I took my usual 1.5 Tbsp. This is the first time I've done it at night. About 70 minutes later, I was a little hungry, so I drank some V-8 and ate a handful of crackers. I haven't often been hungry late at night since I started. I suppose it may have been the missed ELOO, but it seems more likely it was the 6.2 miles I ran.

My cough still bothers me a little, but last night I finally got a good night's sleep.

tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home