Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 68: down 12 lbs.

I'm in my tenth week. I'm going to take next week off, with no flavorless calories. I'm curious to see what happens with my appetite. I'll be travelling for part of the week, so I was probably going to have poor compliance anyway.

One thing I've been wondering about: what is the time-frame of the effect of the flavorless calories? Dr. Roberts has written that "[t]he effects are cumulative and long-lasting." The oft-repeated example of the guy who had no results until after seven weeks would seem to support that. Yet numerous times I've read in the forums or in blogs that people either 1) go off of the flavorless calories and see a big increase in appetite almost immediately, or 2) take some oil at some particular time of the day to stave off hunger for that day or even for that part of the day.

I've been off SLD for one or two days at a time, and haven't noticed any appetite change. Miller at Our Lips Are SLD wrote "My appetite remained suppressed over Friday, Saturday and Sunday even without the oil." I tend to believe it's "cumulative and long-lasting," so I wonder if just one week off will tell me anything.

Somewhere on Dr. Roberts's site is a graph showing both his weight and his flavorless calorie consumption. At one point, he decided he wanted to gain back some weight and stopped the sugar water. I don't remember how long it took for the weight gain to start.


tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home